Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.
Charles R Swindoll
- 18 Wreath Pick Up: 9am to 11am @ the Sullivan House
- 19 Baking Cookies @ the church from 1pm until ……..
- 20 Troop Meeting 7pm-upstairs in the library – front door
- 23 Happy Thanksgiving!
- 24 Holiday Parade, 5:30pm outside the church
- 27 Troop Meeting 7pm – working on building rockets!
- 2 Model Rockets – location and time to be determined
- 4 Troop Meeting 7pm – MSUB Merit Badge sign up
- 5 Round Table / OA 7pm @ LDS Stake Center
- 6 Committee Meeting 7pm (moved to Wednesday this month)
- 11 PLC 6pm / Troop Meeting 7pm
- 15 Swim Night 6:15pm @ the YMCA
- 18 Troop Christmas Party 7pm – bring dessert
- 25 Merry Christmas
Wreath Pick UP, Saturday, November 18th
You can pick up your order at the Sullivan house, 53 Pecan Lane in the Heights, from 9am to 11am. Keep this day open to distribute your orders. These are fresh evergreens and should be delivered to the customer as soon as possible. I do have some extra items. If you think you have a buyer, let me know and I will keep one aside for you. extra: wreath – 3, swag – 5, centerpiece – 2 and garland – 4.
Baking Cookies – Adults – Sunday, November 19th
We will meet in the kitchen at 1pm to bake and decorate cookies. Scouts will sell them at the Holiday Parade. This year, since we cannot use the kitchen that week (Family Promise) we will bake and decorate the cookies the same day. Come and help! It’s a lot of fun!
Holiday Parade, Friday, November 24th
This year we will set up our kitchen next to the church! We will be making hot chocolate, hot apple cider, hot coffee and hot dogs! We will sell on the corner of 27th and 3rd. Scouts need to be there at 5:30pm to help with set up. They can eat a few hot dogs for dinner – yum! Dress them warm! Right now the low calls for 33 degrees – perfect parade weather! We could use a few adults to come to the church at 4pm that day. If you are interested please talk with Mike Downs at the next meeting.
Model Rockets, Monday, November 27th
Scouts will work on building rockets at the Troop Meeting, November 27th. Then on Saturday, December 2nd the scouts will send them into infinity and beyond! Or at least way up in the air… Make sure you are there to help build a rocket. We will have more information on a time and place at the next meeting.
Swim Night, Friday, December 15th at the YMCA
Troop 2 sponsors this every year. It’s a great way for cub scouts to meet our group and it is a lot of fun for everyone! And there is pizza! Come dressed in your swimming suit and bring a change of clothes. That way you can hit the pool right away and then hit the showers right before the pizza and pop. Bring a towel.
Troop 2 Christmas Party, Monday, December 18th, 7pm
We will have our White Elephant Gift Exchange again this year! Bring a gift from home to share at this fun event! This year we will be serving dessert. Please bring your favorite Christmas dessert to share. This is for scouts and adults! Everyone is encouraged to come and participate!
Upcoming Events: mark your calendars
- Martin Luther King Dinner – 1/14 (service hours)
- Lock In – still finalizing the date but right now it’s planned for 1/20 to 1/21
- Klondike Derby – 1/27 to 1/28
- Scouting for Food – 2/3
- MSUB Merit Badge Day 2/24
- Scout Show 3/10
- Spring Camporee 5/11 to 5/12
- Montana State Camporee 6/14 to 6/17
- NYLT 6/17 to 6/22 (scout leadership camp)
- Summer Camp: Mini Points 7/8 to 7/14